1. I will not force my child to participate in hockey.
2. I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment, not mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflict without resorting to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game.
5. I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and hard.
6. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
7. I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good plays and performance by both my child’s team and their opponents.
8. I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public. I recognize that officials are being developed in the same manner as players.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s hockey games.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to hockey for my child.
I agree to abide by the principles of the FAIR PLAY CODE as set by Hockey Canada and as supported by the Petrolia team. I also agree to abide by the
Constitution, By-laws, Rules, Regulations and decisions as set by the P.M.H.A. and O.M.H.A.