● Registration begins April 1st and runs until May 31st. Beginner level players may register until December 1st ( no late fee applies to a first year player).
Registration must be done online through PMHA’s website
● One parent must complete the online course Respect in Sport available
through the PMHA website prior to the season.
● Ice time begins Saturday, September 23, 2017. Watch the PMHA Website
Beginners, Mite, Tyke & Novice HL Team pages/calendars and follow PMHA Facebook and Twitter accounts for
● Players must wear full equipment (jock/jill, neck guard, shin pads,
socks, pants, elbow pads, shoulder pads, mouth guard, helmet, and
skates). Jerseys will be provided.
● The end of the season will be near the end of March each season.
Beginner Program (2013 birth date)
**Registration includes a pair of socks and a jersey for each
player to keep at end of the season**
Beginners will have 1 hour of ice time per week on Saturday mornings at
10:10 in Petrolia.
First Year Players (3-4 yr olds) and Beginner (5 yr olds)
Basic Skills of players at this level: players that have never played
or skated (also try CanSkate - ask for more details), players that have
difficulty moving across the ice without assistance
Players will be split into two groups but will always practice
The focus of the beginner program is to develop basic skills (eg.
skating, agility, puck control) in a small group setting. Players will
rotate through a variety of stations.
As the season progresses there will be small ice games for part of the
There may be a tournament near the end of the season.
Tyke Program (2011 & 2012 birth dates)
Tyke players will have two ice times each week. One of these times will
be Saturday morning in Petrolia. The others time will either be Sunday
morning in Petrolia or Watford. Practice ice will be shared with by the
There are two levels to the Tyke Program - Mite & Tyke
Each level will have two teams.
The teams in each level will always practice together.
Basically 3rd year players (6 Yrs old or advanced 5 yr olds)
Basic skill level for players at this level: players should easily move
up and the ice with and without the puck, players should be able to do
a basic stop and players should be able to complete a basic crossover
while navigating the circles.
Basically second year players (5yrs old and advanced 4 yr olds).
Ice times will involve stations that focus on skills followed by
half-ice games at the end of practice.
Basic skill levels for players at this level: players can move across
the ice without the puck while performing basic balance movements i.e.
gliding on one foot, getting up/down while skating etc...)
By the beginning of December Tyke teams will play 1/2
ice games during their Saturday morning ice time. Mooretown Tyke teams
will be included in the schedule.
The program follows the guidelines recommended by Hockey Canada for
Novice House League (2009 & 2010 birth dates)
Novice HL players will have two ice times per week. Saturday games in
Petrolia or Mooretown and Sundaymorning practices in Petrolia or
Watford. Practice ice will be shared with by the two Novice HL teams
● PMHA is an organization run by volunteers.
● In order to minimize registration costs and keep things running
parents are strongly encouraged to complete volunteer hours.
● Parents of Beginners must
submit one $500 post-dated cheque to their Team Manager at the start of
the season (dated April 1). If parents complete 6 hours of volunteer time the cheque will not be
● Parents of Tykes/Mites/Novice must submit two $500 cheques, post-dated to December
31 and April 1, to their Team Manager at the start of the season. If
parents complete 12 hours of volunteer time the cheque
will not be deposited.
● Watch the website and read organizational emails from your Parent Rep
for volunteer opportunities including Silver Stick and bingos.
● Volunteering as a coach or on-ice helper may count towards the
● The Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) requires a copy of each
player’s birth certificate before approving a team roster.
● Team rosters are required to enter tournaments at the Beginner or
● The parents of first year players only will be asked for a picture of
each player’s birth certificate by the Parent Rep or Team Manager at
the beginning of the season.
Please contact PMHA with any questions and we will do our best to help out.
We hope you enjoy the season!