PMHA Meeting Minutes
October 11, 2012 @ 7pm
Regrets: Gary Dupuis and Ken Dwinnell, Don Harding
GUEST: Greg Underwood, Sr. Women’s team
- Request to reduce or waive the PMHA $150 league fee as this team is using one ice time per week only (game).
- MOTION (Chad Cox): PMHA to reduce the league fees to $75.00 for the 2012-2013 season only due to PMHA providing one ice time only. (Second: Krista Mitchell) PASSED (Marcia Stinson abstention).
Treasurer Report-Stacey Williams
· Financial report is attached to original minutes
· Randy Dunn will begin review of PMHA books for 2011-2012 season and will then be sent to Revenue Canada
· Tournament Fees-pg. 23 of Coach/Manager Handbook to be reworded to reflect that coaches must provide to Treasurer the following information: Name of Tournament, Cheque payable to whom, copy of application form, amount and team/manager name.
· Action: Lauri to update this page in handbook for 2012-2013 season
· Bench Staff Qualifications: all bench staff certificates, receipts must be recorded on PMHA Reimburement form (under Forms and Documents on website) and submitted to Tri County Coordinator, Shamrock Rep or OWHA Rep (depending on your classification).
Registrar Report-Don Harding /Lauri Doig/Wendy McLean
Peewee REp-full refund will be granted for one player due to injury (less $50 lotto ticket and $50 admin fee). Letter and refund will be sent to the family
MOTION: (Wendy McLean) Date of Full Refund (100%) for all PMHA players will be September 30th (previously September 15th) and further more, effective October 1st, $50 admin fee and mandatory $50 lotto ticket fee will be deducted from each refund request (in addition to pro-rated fee upon date of withdrawl). NO EXCEPTIONS. (Second: Nick Salaris) PASSED
-this will be changed in the coach/manager handbook and on registration memo
OMHA Rep-Max Boyd
· Shoeless Joes’ restaurant sponsoring Player of the Game for home and away. Information will be put in folders for teams age 10 and under-OMHA and OWHA and can be used at coach discretion.
Shamrock League-Nick Salaris
· AE All-star game to be hosted by PMHA in April (date TBA)
House League Convenor-Gregg McEachern
· No report
OWHA Rep-Chad Cox
· All teams are rostered
· No report
Parent Rep/Volunteer/Bingo-Lisa Friesen
· 42 white jerseys sent for repair and one black
· Bingo License-City of Sarnia requesting confirmation of Non for Profit status, Constitution and Rules of Operation (OMHA and OWHA) and contact/positions for all PMHA board members
Christa Mitchell-Parent Rep Coordinator
· Fundraising requests for 4 teams has been approved
· Clothing is ordered
· Picture forms are in the coaches files
WOGHL Rep-Marcia Stinson
· all Shamrock schedules for the league are now linked
· 50th anniversary plans are finalized
Peewee AE will do a Ford Test Drive Program as fundraising (for team and PMHA)
Kathy Short-Sensi Family fundraiser with 40% going back to PMHA. This will be coordinated by Hockey Parent Coordinators (Hockey Moms) for all PMHA teams who want to participate. Information will be provided to Parent Reps to send to teams.
Meeting Adjourned: Gregg McEachern and Second: Christa Mitchell
Next meeting: November 8th , 2012 @ 7pm at Petrolia Arena